Wednesday, May 12, 2010

either way I found out I'm nothing without you :)

Saturday, the Portage County Players variety show raised about 934 dollars for the Emily Austin Memorial Foundation. I was so proud of everyone who came out and donated! I know Emily was looking down on us last night and was impressed by the amount of green in the room. (side note:In spite of her, I wore my pink leotard underneath my green shirt when I danced, because I am still believe pink is far superior of a color). I know Emily is so proud of us, the way we took a tragedy and five years later we are raising money for scholarships, and more importantly, raising awareness so this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Speaking of Emily...my cute animals on the internet obsession has jarred a lot of memories:

You are a dirty liar if you say you don't see the resemblance.

The semester is over, and I'm really excited, except now I'm bored until Ritz and I leave on June 5. If you are interested in attending a going away party let me know, because there will be one. Just let me know and I'll send you the facebook invite. Ritz and I are currently taking donations of mixed cds to entertain us on the approximently 8 hour roadtrip to Oxford. By mixed cds, I mean collections of music that can be easily transferred to my ipod, or mixed tapes (yes, Andrew. Tapes). Also, snacks. I like pizza flavor goldfish, and Ritz likes cookies.

Mostly, I'm just anxious to see my friends again. I need to get the dramatic Eagle reunion over with before we have to be good and social with everyone else. 28 more days! YAY!! Also, June 10 is our Friendaversiry! We've decided that My Life Would Suck Without You is going to be another one of our songs (our orginial song being Fireflies). Since we now have 2 songs, why not have an entire album? So we're working on that. Any suggestions?


My sub-letter backed out. Keep praying I can find someone else or else camp is a no. And honestly, that just can't happen. Speaking of camp (when am I not?) I just got word that UL training is going to consist of only Ritz, Eagle, and I. Ohhhhhh myyyy Mama Star, you just don't know what you are in for.

Last week, I got the Baby Sitter's Club: The Summer Before from the library, and it was delightful. I loved it. Claudia's outfits were still wonderful. Kristy's dad story didn't really annoy me, and neither did Stacy's diabetes complaints. And as much as I hate to admit it, I love Mary-Anne. Aww the orignial four, things were awesome then, until they brought in Mallory and ruined it.

I hung out with Lizzy just about all day yesterday. Oh my, I can't believe she's almost in fourth grade. I'm so old! We played an epic game of Battleship where this conversation happened:

Patsy: You won the last game, so you go first.
Lizzy: Ok, I-1
Patsy: I know you won, so go first.
Lizzy: Yes, I-1
Patsy: I know, it's your turn!
Lizzy: (pointing to the board and yelling) ROW I-1!!!!


She may be 9, but she does outsmart me occasionally.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! -to the Lizzy thing... sooo cute.

    And just us three for UL training? HAHA niceee!

    <3 <3

    ReplyDelete